Thursday 8 May 2014

Venice......Art trail 2013


Welcome ...another very wet and grey day so I have had a chance to catch up with a few things....some more card designs Wedding seems to be the theme for this week ,I'll be blogging on the tech-design-studio.blogspot.com with those soon but will be sharing some new Men design there later today tommorrow if this weather continues....
 I have managed to make a few cards and now it's the Art turn. although I haven't done much in the studio as late and with every intention that I will go and get stuck in again ...Things have a habit of cropping up or I get side tracked with the other things I do ....maybe this week end...

Today I have 5 subjects to show you from the art trail in Venice  

 There is something about the windows and gates ,shabby shutters or rusty railings that appeals to me and you can get some great results Dropping in colours, this one was my first of the trip and wasn't very brave with the colours, done as a pen and wash took about and 1  hr but the recent redone version, I got to heavy with the colours, I prefer the original one shown here ... I will do another and try again ....
 Here I was on a bridge looking down ...actually there was a lot more boats, during the day but by night it looked like this ...I preferd the tones in this one and very quickly sqiggly drawn, As i was using Hot pressed paper, I couldn't hang about with so kinda used a wet in wet but not too wet if you know what I mean...
 another rusty gate.... this one I've added more colour and the water needs to be bluer i think but I enjoyed the excersise..have to say it was a task to paint all the negatives through the bars and i will have another go..urm me thinks an oil would be fun ....
 Now as some of you may or maynot know I don't do Peoples ... Why ????  just can't !!!!!! but with this subject I couldn't leave him out really ... this one till now is a pencil drawn watercolour but could easily be a pen over draw, colours to be stronger

And the Taxi rank...now this one I did enjoy from Situ but later in the afternoon when the mad hustle and bustle had died down ..

Hope you have enjoyed your visit please pop back again soon....Jayne 


No comments:

Post a Comment